Friday, January 26, 2007

Trip to San Antonio


Wow! What a weird week! We arrived on Friday, short sleeved shirts, eating dinner outdoors on the balcony of a typical San Antonio Riverwalk restaurant. 24 hours later, coats and ice, roads closed down and ice everywhere! And that was the weather story for the rest of the week. I could have stayed home for weather like that... but it was still alot of fun. The usually bustling Riverwalk was very quiet and I did get a few nice shots of the ice that formed on almost everything.


The Imaging USA convention was quite educational. I was able to attend many seminars taught by some of the leading photographers in the world. Celebrity wedding photographers Denis Reggie and Joe Buisink both gave very informative programs. I sat in on a couple other classes on photographing seniors and children and I was also able to take in some Adobe Photoshop seminars. The tradeshow was good but I didn't find any new earth shattering products that I couldn't live without.


The highlight of the week for me was the awards ceremony where I was presented with my Master of Photography degree by my lovely wife Christie and PPA President Michael Taylor.


Since the weather was so bad and the airport was such a mess we stayed an extra day and took in a San Antonio Spurs game against the LA Lakers. Lakers won in the last seconds and Kobe had over 30 points.

No comments: